– Oh! (Patrick whines) – It ain’t gonna hurt,
it ain’t gonna hurt. (lighthearted music) – This is Yidi, I work at BuzzFeed as a production coordinator. This is my husband Marty,
who works as a chef. (voice whining rapidly) I was really impressed by this method. And now, we’re gonna showcase
it, and have the guys try it. – My name’s Moses. – I’m Patrick. – And I used to work here. Oh, I’ve got the hang of it. Feels like I have like a piece
of hair in my eye forever. Whoa, this dude is so tiny. – It feels like the old days, this is fun, I can’t believe we’re here. Apparently, we’re getting our dead foot skin scraped off, today. Never had a pedicure. – I just remember it being super tickly. I couldn’t relax, like I
don’t know how girls do it. – I’m really squeamish and ticklish, too. (Moses laughs)
About to get real silly, up in here.
– Yeah. I guess we gotta start by
marinating our feet in this water. (Patrick laughs reluctantly) Do you have a lot of dead foot skin? – I bet you I have more dead foot skin than I’m anticipating. – I don’t feel like I have
a lot of dead foot skin, but I’m just envisioning
like, a cheese grater type of device.
(beep) (Asian string music) (suspenseful music) – There’s like a surgical
kit, over here, ooh. – [Moses] Alright, there’s that grinder I was telling you about. – [Patrick] I see things that will scrape, things that will chip. – It’s like he’s trying to
carve our feet out of marble or something.
– Yeah. – [Moses] Alright, let’s do it (sighs). Oh man, he’s taking a file to this thing. Okay, that’s not bad. – He started with the small one, and then he’s like, no, I need the big boy for this one.
– Yeah, yeah. He’s going up in tool size.
– Yeah. This is absurd, how much is coming off. – I’m gonna have some new feet after this. (Patrick exclaiming)
I don’t even feel this one. (laughs) He’s real
surgical with this thing, (Patrick laughs)
let me tell you. – Whoa! I’ll give you 50 bucks if you just take that with your pinky– – No!
– And eat it. (record scratching) Yo, that is vile. Mostly, I’m like questioning
many things about your hygiene, right now.
– Really? – Well, looking at it, it
reminds me of in the winter, in the Midwest, when you
wake up in the morning (Moses laughs)
and your windshield’s frozen, you gotta bust out that scraper. – This is the tool, dude. – [Patrick] Oh my God, oh, oh, oh! – [Moses] It’s like he’s
sanding a table, you know? – [Patrick] Whoa. It’s crumbling on the floor
like fine herbs and spices. I feel like at a–
– Reggiano? – A different part and point of my life, maybe nine years old, I would’ve taken some of that dead skin. – And done what with it, exactly? – [Patrick] How can this much come off? – [Moses] It’s 27 years of buildup we’re working with here, Pat.
– I know, I know, I know. Mine’s gonna be just as bad. – Yeah, you played a lot of soccer so that’s gonna show.
– I know, yeah (laughs). – Whew, he’s got a new tool
and this one’s a little– – Painful? – No, it’s like when you go
get a shot from the doctor but they’re so good that you
don’t even feel the needle. – Gotcha. – [Moses] Like, that’s the
skill level he’s got, here. – [Patrick] Dude, your
toenail looks so much better. – Yeah, my feet peaked at 27, so. (Patrick laughs) Dude, it’s like sanding
a table, I’m telling you. Oh, I’m getting a stretch in, too. It’s definitely gotta feel different when you like, put shoes on. – Socks on, sliding over that.
– Yeah, ooh. – You’re gonna be like,
I haven’t felt that since I was like four.
(both laugh) – Whoa, it’s a little ticklish
when he hits the middle, but this part’s fine, he’s good. He’s really good. – [Patrick] (snickers)
It is raining filth. – Hallelujah.
(both laugh) – [Patrick] It really does
look like shredded Parm. – We’re ruining Parmesan
cheese for everybody. – I know, dude. (triumphant music)
(people cheering) – [Patrick] Are you for real? – [Producers] Wow. (Patrick laughs) – [Moses] Damn, dude, it’s contoured. (imitates whooshing wind)
– I yeah, it looks so– – Little freaking launchpad, dude. – [Patrick] It looks fake,
how good your feet look. – Yeah, this is like, put my feet up on a billboard right now. – (laughs) Yeah, for real.
– Yeah. – You are advertisement-ready.
– Yeah. I’m ready to swell up some sandals. – I’m ready to freak the F out, though, ’cause even that, oh! (laughs) There we go. (quietly whines) – [Moses] Does it tickle (laughs)? – Just go for it. (groans) I’m really squeamish and ticklish, it’s about to get real silly up in here. (playful music)
(Moses laughs) Man! Hey. – Damn, you’re really ticklish. (Patrick vocalizes anxiously) Damn, nothing’s even coming off of yours. – I’m sweating, now.
– Alright here we go, dude. Oh!
– Just go for it. – [Moses] That’s the spot, right there. – [Patrick] Yeah, for sure. – Quick turns, any kind of movement. – Damn, dude, you been
getting carried all your life? – (laughs) Maybe. (Moses laughs) – Great, hell yeah. I wonder why I don’t have so much. I don’t wear sandals, maybe.
– Oh yeah, maybe. My feet, the bottom of
them were pretty tough. I remember like, I would
be able to, as a kid, when it was hot as hell, I’d go out and chase the ice cream truck
barefoot in hot asphalt. – Damn, dude.
– And it would be fine. It was out of necessity (claps hands). (audience clapping and cheering) That’s the tool, right there.
– Yeah. That’s that real butcher’s knife. (Moses laughs) I feel like there’s a lot of guck. – It’s years and years. – Halwa custard down there. (laughing anxiously) Yeah. – [Moses] Oh, he found a little more. – I know that spot. Oh, do I know that spot.
(Moses laughing) I have been working with
that spot for 14 years, now, trying to make sense out of it. Oh yeah, that is callus. – [Moses] Dude, it comes off so easy. – I know, too easy, yeah! Love that, I’ve been looking
for that feeling for too long. – [Moses] That tool is the
one that brings it home. – It looks like it’d
be scarier than it is. – [Moses] I love this part. – I can cross something
off the to-do list, today. – [Moses] He was like a pit crew. – Yeah.
– It was quick. You got a nice stretch going, too. – Oh yeah, my hamstring’s activated. (Moses laughs) – He’s giving it the final inspection. – Hey, great!
– Good to go, dude. (suspenseful drum roll) Man, it was like I was wearing a shoe on the bottom of my foot, basically. – [Patrick] All those edges are gone now. – [Moses] Sleek. – [Patrick] Yeah, it makes
sense why people do it. – Would you do it again? – I want more!
(Moses laughs) I’m mad I didn’t have as much as he did. I think I have to wait 28, 29 years. – I guess I would do it again. – It doesn’t hurt.
– No, it doesn’t hurt, so that was good, fresh feet, right? – Uh huh, I’m ready to put on my socks. – [Moses] Oh wow, that’s weird. – [Patrick] It is weird. – It’s like too much feeling in the foot. Oh dude, I can feel every
part of my shoe right now. – [Patrick] Oh, yeah. – They’re like, awake, for
the first time in a while. – They’re up, they’re all hyper-excited. – I feel like I have new shoes on. – It feels nice. – Yeah. (cheerful music)