Have you not cleaned your
ears? A week and a half maybe. Would you come again?
– Yes definitely. Hey guys on Ask Japanese it’s Cathy Cat… and today my friend Katie is visiting
Japan and we plan to take her to a very special spa today and we have kind of
taken the wrong exit … so we need to try and find her at other exit now which the thing you need to look out for when you come to Tokyo Where is Katie? Okay I found her… there she is. Let’s see if we an surprise her. Heeey. We tried to come and surprise you hey! Long time no see! We’re actually already here Ta da! In here! Are you ready for this? Are you ready for this.
– No, I am not ready at all. Let’s do it anyways! Whoooo! The number is right, right? Hello? “Hello please come in!”
– It’s been a while! Let’s go! It’s been such a while. I brought some of my friends. She wears similar clothes to you too! Let me introduce you. This is my friend Katie. Katie, hello.
– This is her boyfriend Dyllon. It’s their first time ever in Japan. Please treat them to a special Ear Spa experience. They might be surprised. They are a bit nervous. It’s ok. It’s gonna be okay I’m gonna translate
for you guys as well. – Katie.
– Hello. Are you ready for this now? No I’m terrified. I have you ever seen the inside of your ear? No I don’t think so. You’re about to now. There is a screen front of us we’re gonna see how your ear looks from the inside … You’re ready? No it’s gonna be gross. How long have you not cleaned your ears? A week and a half maybe. A week and a half worth of ear goo is what we’re seeing now …. We’re curious about that okay let’s let’s start, please start. I will begin now. Is that why it’s so itchy? If you look deeper inside your ear, it’s a bit red. This might be an allergy. The deep end looks red. How about we only treat the entrance area today. Lean back, try to relax. I am surprised it’s so dirty. What are you doing first? Does it hurt?
– Does it not hurt? No it’s just cold. Just a little bit. It’s very red in there. I added a lotion for your ears onto the cotton bud for you. It feels very nice because it’s itchy… Ewwwww. Your ear gooo is like green, yellowish The whiter the ear wax is, the newer it is. The browner it gets, the older it is. And people who don’t clean their ears, their ear wax gets black. Some people leave it for years. It’s black then. – Your ears are hairy.
– Ewwww Very hairy. Wow. Americans often have moist ears like yours. We call them “ame mimi”. How does it feel?
– It’s relaxing. It’s nice because my ears were very itchy and this is very soothing Your ear tunnels are as small as a baby’s. Very small type. You have baby ears. How often to you clean your ears on average? Like every day actually. EVERY DAY?! Is that so? You don’t need to clean them daily. I know it’s just they get very itchy
when I sleep they get very wet… like moist and it makes it very itchy… So okay your ears are now clean! Yay it feels nice! (Ear magic) Your eyes are totally fixed on the screen, very fascinated. It’s so interesting. Can you tell me what’s special about her ears? Her ears are as small as a baby’s. The ear canal is thin. The skin inside her ears is pulp. The camera can’t reach all the way inside. She cleans her ears every day. Is there some advice you can give her? You only need to clean your ears once every two weeks. If you do it too much, you will damage the skin in your ears. Her ear canal is super small. So she will need to use smaller cotton buds. Normal ear buds are this size. Look if you put them into the ear canal, it’s completely filled up. Your ear becomes all filled up. There’s no space if you use the really big ones. It’s easier to push things inside too. But if you pick a smaller one, you have some space. Where can you buy the thin ones? In some drug stores they sell baby cotton sticks. Get the baby size cotton sticks. Baby ear sticks? Okay I’ll look for them. The other one as you could see, when you put the big one in, it blocks the whole canal. It’s huge. I didn’t realize how big the… the only ones I’ve see in America are the ones for makeup. They are triangular shaped. Other than that I haven’t seen a tiny one. So I’ll have to look maybe in the children’s section, like the baby section for tiny ones This ear canal is very thin as well. It’s so cold. You’re making similar sounds like I did. I am making some embarrassing faces. It’s making me sleepy. It itches a lot there too, so that might be why… The itching might come from this allergic reaction area we got there. It’s probably an allergy. It itches so you use the ear sticks more, especially in the areas where it itches is the callus Oh I see yeah. Are you glad that you found that out today? Yeah I’m really glad I found it out. I
knew that it was unhealthy to clean my ears so much but I didn’t really… I was
like eh well it won’t hurt anything it’s fine it’s fine. But I’m glad that I
learned this because maybe then I’ll stop maybe it’ll be easier to stop
cleaning my ears much She said she’s glad she heard it. Maybe now she won’t clean them so much anymore. Good. Please do that. Okay how was it? It was very nice… they were very
itchy when I first came whenever I woke up this morning they were so itchy.
They hurt very much but I think that now since it was so nice with the lotion
when she was cleaning my ears they’re … it took a lot of the itchiness away
and it’s very comfortable now. Are you gonna clean your ears every day from now on? No I’m gonna give my ears a break now. Would you come again?
– Yes definitely. How was that? What was the funniest part of the whole experience? I was very surprised that my ears were so dirty… especially since I clean him so often, you would think that they wouldn’t be at all dirty. Maybe because you cleaned them every day and then you gave them a week of break and kind of
set them off a little bit. My ears went crazy, they had a party. They came to Japan and they were like Whooo let’s let’s have a party. Feeling better?
– Yes much better. Okay are we ready for part two?
Definitely What will we be doing now? I will give her ears an acupuncture treatment. Ears are like a barometer showing how healthy you are. The areas that hurt, are the ares that are in a bad condition. Katie we are gonna push the pressure points in your ear… if anything hurts please let us know
so we know which parts of your body might be a little bit tense or something. Okay. This is the uteri pressure point. That’s fine This is the point for stress… Yeah that one hurts… This one is for when you are tired, or when you are not sleeping enough. This is for when you don’t sleep enough Oh I sleep all the time but I’m always tired … – Next is for hormone balance.
– That one DOES hurt. Is this one here alright? That one hurts.
– This one is for the brain. For when you think about a lot of things too much. Or when you study. If you study or if you think a lot… I think a lot, I don’t study a lot. And your back. Yeah THAT one hurts… Like A LOT. And your hip. That one is ok. And this one is for your feet. Yeah that one hurts. Oh it hurts too? She has many areas that hurt. This area stands for the spine of her body. She said her back hurts. When there is one pain, like neck pain That pain can run down her whole spine down to her hips. That’s why her spinal area hurts. I will give you a warm towel now. How does it feel? It feels nice… kind of hurts a little bit That’s because her whole body is so stiff. That’s because you are very tense. Even your ears are very tense right now. Yeah I can feel it. It hurts here. When I am done with you, your ears will become a lot softer. – What do you mean?
Please tell her to touch her ears. After we are done, she should touch her ears again. They will become softer. They are very hard. They are not normally this hard. She says they are not always this hard. They are super hard today. The area I am massaging is for her face. Her eyes, nose and mouth. This area is for her arm.
– Your arm… This is for her finger tips. This one is her neck.
– The neck. And this is for her back. And this is her hip.
– Your hip. And her feet here. And this is her hormonal balance. Same thing as when I did… halfway though you to stop talking. – We are done.
– Finished! Thank you.
– How do you feel soft I feel? Soft, I feel soft and fluffy. Let’s ask her to touch her hears. Yeah they are a lot softer now. Yeah they’re very soft now. Okay guys how was that?
– It was fantastic I feel very refreshed. I feel like I took
a really long nap and then I’m just waking up but stretching again. I
want to go do things and have fun! What surprised you the most? I think the
pressure points, it’s really interesting to know that you can figure out all that
just by looking at someone’s ear touching it… I think that’s really cool
that’s coming to us coming up hey First up, her ears are incredibly tiny. That made everything a little bit harder. She said she often has an itchy ear. In the future, she shouldn’t clean it too often. There is one more thing we need to
advise you though! If you get spontaneous visitors, what do you do? We are often fully booked, so if you come without a booking… we can’t treat you and that’s a shame for all of us. If you want to come, please book in advance. On their homepage, either you do the whole process there… there there’s also a little bit of
English so you can find out which kind of course you can get. Or if you don’t
quite understand that, there is also an information sheet that you can click on
write them an email and then they’ll get I have so much caramel in there… Oh wow this feels… I am making super embarrassing faces… Seeing how my ear gets clean, feels kind of good. – It does.